XML Technical Editor
Experienced XML Technical Editor needed to help develop and publish Naval Air Training and Operating Procedures (NATOPS) manuals for Naval Air Systems Command. This position will work closely with Subject Matter Experts to develop aircraft manual text, procedures, tables, graphs, and illustrations. Day to day tasks include XML coding and managing processes for publication standardization, work folder integrity, quality assurance reviews, change records, validation, and publishing.
- Integrate written data and graphics into publications using industry standard XML author ware
- Participate in daily work tasking meetings with program managers, subject matter experts, and
- Conduct research and ensure the use of proper technical terminology
- Translate technical information into clear, readable documents to be used by technical and
- Acquire and organize basic source material to include applicable specifications, engineering
write-ups, and drawing packages
- Arrange for distribution of material
- Maintain records and files of work and revisions
- Report status of progress and completion of goals
- Participate in peer reviews and editing of documents
- Perform lead editorial role for client draft reviews and change record development
- Develop and maintain user-training materials
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Engineering background (mechanical, aerospace, electrical etc.) and/or hands-on experience in
the aerospace maintenance field
Experience with S1000D, MIL-STD-3001, and/or MIL-SPEC specifications
Previous use and/or knowledge of Simplified English and SGML/XML
Previous use and/or knowledge of Adobe Framemaker, Notepad ++, Quicksilver and/or
Familiarity with US Navy style guides, NATOPS, and MIL-DTL desired
Bachelor’s degree in a communication or technical discipline. May consider relevant experience in lieu of formal degree.
- Technical capacity
- Analytical processing
- Detail oriented
- Critical thinking
- Problem solving/analysis
- Organization and project management
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
Full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., 40 hours per week. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as work requirements demand.
Occasional travel may be required for this position.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance:
This position requires a Secret security clearance, at a minimum.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
For consideration, please submit your resume to Debbie Gray - email@example.com