Elizabeth City, NJ/Norfolk, VA
Seeking an experienced Technical Illustrator to create and develop high-quality, computer-generated technical drawings for illustrated parts manuals that visually communicate the relationships of parts to assembly.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Create and prepare detailed 3D and 2D isometric, interactive and video documentation to support the operation and maintenance of parts, systems, and assemblies through collaboration with technical writers and engineering research.
- Produce advanced and complex computer generated illustrations and artwork for various technical publications and manuals
- Prepare diagrams and schematics for manuals
- Maintain and manage and illustration product library in an accurate and timely manner
- Catalog and file all materials in a logical and easily accessible manner
- Advanced Illustrator skillsets to include Adobe Creative Suite, PTC IsoDraw, Solidworks, and MS Office Suite tools
- Proficiency in the management of complex tasks from inception to completion
- Strong attention to detail and follow through
- Advanced education degree. May consider other education or relevant experience in lieu of formal degree.
- Specific education in illustrating, graphics or similar tool sets
- Technical capacity
- Analytical processing skills
- Detail oriented
- Critical thinking
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
Full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., 40 hours per week. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as work requirements demand.
Travel may be required for this position.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
This position requires a Secret security clearance, at a minimum.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Please submit your resume for consideration to Debbie Gray – firstname.lastname@example.org.