Warner Robins, GA
We are currently seeking a systems engineer/administrator to provide the business knowledge and technical skills to implement technical strategies, evaluate product and provide a superior level of technical support to our government clients.
- Provide Enterprise service desk operations
- Develop software/systems verification plans and test procedures
- Support government testing and verification of OEM software applications
- Monitor and test applications recommending best solutions
- Coordinate and perform additions and changes to network hardware and operating systems and attached devices. Includes investigation, analysis, recommendation, configuration, installation and testing of new network hardware and software.
- Provide direct support in the day-to-day operations on network hardware and operating systems.
- Troubleshoot at the physical level of the network, working with network measurement hardware and software, as well as physical checking and testing of hardware devices, at the local level working within communication protocols.
- Provide technical consultation, training and support to IT staff as designated
- Develop PowerPoint briefings, flowcharts, CAD, layouts, and documentation to identify requirements and document changes
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 5+ years’ experience on IT-based systems
- Systems Engineering background with IT-based Windows system
- Advanced knowledge of Linux Red Hat, ELK Elastic Stack, VMware, Windows 10, SQL, Virtual Box, Puppet, Chef
- Broad understanding of system testing practices
- Proficient in the installation, configuration, and testing of IT-based systems
- Experience in virtualization and containerization
- Proven ability supporting and working with the Government, understanding the MOD and configuration control processes
- Success working as a team member providing system sustainment and modification projects
Bachelor’s degree in Software/Systems Engineering, Computer Science or Information Technology. May consider other education or relevant experience in lieu of formal degree.
- Technical capacity
- Analytical processing skills
- Detail oriented
- Critical thinking
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
Full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., 40 hours per week. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as work requirements demand.
Travel may be required for this position.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance:
This position requires a Secret security clearance, at a minimum with the ability to obtain a TS/SCI clearance.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
For consideration, please submit your resume to Debbie Gray - firstname.lastname@example.org