Warner Robins, GA
We are currently seeking a systems engineer to provide the business knowledge and technical skills to implement technical strategies, evaluate product and provide a superior level of technical support to our government clients.
- Assist in the Planning and Coordination of DCGS Software Integration Laboratory (DSIL) resources and infrastructure as they relate to the sustainment of DCGS
- Assist/facilitate requirements by the Test &Evaluation (T&E), Platform Technology, and Configuration Management, etc. groups for DCGS programs as they enter and exit the DSIL
- Develop approaches and technical solutions ensuring the DSIL is postured for current/future demands
- Review and comment on DCGS planning documents, TCTO, CAB, CCB, performance evaluation reports as they relate to the integration/test environment
- Work with the appropriate ACAT to determine the necessary integration/test resources, environment, duration, data collection, and analysis strategy to include the adjudication of T&E results
- Assist the 577th in the oversight and directions to conduct integration/tests to determine system compliance with operational effectiveness, suitability, and interoperability criteria
- IPT member for the ISEC PMO—Works within HBG to establish priorities, milestones, and objectives of multiple DCGS projects/programs/efforts as they relate to the DSIL
- Review work of assigned personnel for overall effectiveness and timely accomplishment
- Resolve difficult or highly controversial policy, doctrinal, or conceptual matters associated with integration plans, procedures, and analysis/evaluation of test results
- Represent HBG at ISEC meetings, providing technical recommendations relative to products/projects/systems entering and exiting the DSIL
- Provide expert advice, results, and recommendations in support of acquisition decisions, infrastructure improvements, and lab capabilities to the acquisition communities
- Participate in the identification of requirements for and development of capabilities, tools, and instrumentation needed to support/sustain integration/testing activities in the DSIL
- Ability to analyze, interpret and apply scientific procedures in a variety of situations and recommend effective solutions to senior engineer
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 10+ years’ experience on IT-based systems
- Broad technical knowledge of the AF-DCGS Weapon System
- Experience with networking infrastructure/accreditation
- Cyber Security expertise
- Knowledge and experience with Geospatial Intelligence (GEOINT) and/or Signals Intelligence (SIGINT)
- Knowledge of the Acquisition Category (ACAT) process
- Systems Engineering background with IT-based Windows system
- Advanced knowledge of Linux Red Hat, ELK Elastic Stack, VMware, Windows 10, SQL, Virtual Box, Puppet, Chef
- Broad understanding of system testing practices
- Proficient in the installation, configuration, and testing of IT-based systems
- Experience in virtualization and containerization
- Proven ability supporting and working with the Government, understanding the MOD and configuration control processes
- Success working as a team member providing system sustainment and modification projects
Bachelor’s degree in Software/Systems Engineering, Computer Science or Information Technology. May consider other education or relevant experience in lieu of formal degree.
- Technical capacity
- Analytical processing skills
- Detail oriented
- Critical thinking
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
Full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., 40 hours per week. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as work requirements demand.
Travel may be required for this position.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance:
This position requires a Secret security clearance, at a minimum with the ability to obtain a TS/SCI clearance.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
For consideration, please submit your resume to Debbie Gray - firstname.lastname@example.org