Software Configuration Management Specialist
Patuxent Naval Air Station
Qualified Configuration Management (CM) Specialist with experience in data management, configuration identification and control, standards and procedures development, release management, configuration status accounting, configuration auditing, and CM training/advocacy. Responsible for control of the technical configuration of project assets by applying processes for documentation, change control management, reconfiguration, base lining, data management and other relevant processes.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Build, test and deploy software releases
- Administer and maintain version control software
- Support configuration management planning
- Define provisions for configuration identification, change control, configuration status accounting and configuration audits
- Support the source change process so that only approved and validated changes are incorporated into product documents and related software
- Support the software quality assurance process audits
- 2+ year(s) hands-on experience in software configuration management
- Proficient in configuration item identification, baseline definition and source code control
- Thorough understanding of Software Trouble Report, Software Configuration Control Board processes, and preparation of Software Version Descriptions
- Experience in Linux/Unix configuration and scripting
- SECRET clearance is required, must be able to obtain TS/SCI
- Analytical processing skills
- Detail oriented
- Critical thinking
- Organization and project management
- Oral and written communication skills
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
Full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., 40 hours per week. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as work requirements demand.
Occasional travel may be required for this position.
Proficient with source code configuration management tools
Bachelor’s degree. May consider relevant experience in lieu of formal degree.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance:
This position requires a U.S. DoD SECRET with the ability to obtain a TS/SCI clearance.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Please submit your resume for consideration to Debbie Gray – email@example.com.