Shipping and Receiving Clerk
Hollywood, MD / Patuxent River, MD
Entry level position. Verifies and maintains records on incoming and outgoing shipments and prepares items for shipment adhering to quality and productivity standards.
- Operates lift trucks or hand trucks to convey, move or hoist materials to proper locations
- Unpacks, examines and routes incoming shipments, rejects damaged items, records shortages, and corresponds with others to rectify damages and shortages
- Completes daily electronic entry of shipments, storage and receivables
- Prepare and maintain stock record accounts, property registers and source documents
- Assist in establishing stock control levels
- Physical effort required equal to frequent lifting or moving of 50 lbs or less. Regularly required to sit, stand, bend, and reach.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 3 years continuous experience in a warehouse-type setting
- Valid U.S. driver’s license with at least 5 years of driving experience
- Proven experience conducting system inventory by verifying part, component, and/or serial numbers at acceptance and transfer.
- High school diploma required
- Physical strength and stamina
- Analytical processing skills
- Detail oriented
- Critical thinking
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
Full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., 40 hours per week. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as work requirements demand.
Occasional travel may be required for this position.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance:
This position requires a Secret security clearance, at a minimum.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Please submit your resume for consideration to Debbie Gray – email@example.com.