Junior Logistics Manager
Patuxent River, MD
We are currently seeking an experienced Logistics Manager to support the Deputy Assistant Program Manager for Logistics (DAPML) and the Assistant Program Manager for Logistics (APML) of PMA-290E in the sustainment of the newly designed Quick Reaction Capability (QRC) platform.
- Collect technical data from Subject Matter Experts (SME’s), engineers, and/or vendors to assist in technical publication and documentation efforts
- Provide oversight and guidance to the technical publications team and assist with technical reviews and quality checks on documents due to be published
- Organize and conduct training material reviews to ensure accurate training products are delivered appropriately
- Track and maintain multiple aircraft configurations, and research equipment fail rates to assist in spend plan projections
- Act as a liaison between multiple units to identify upcoming system and equipment requirements to determine sustainability efforts needed
- Identify and provide required technical data, systems training, and operational equipment needed to support the activities of the Fleet Support Unit
- Provide support in identifying the equipment, technical data, systems training, and operational equipment needs of the Fleet Support Unit.
- Represent the interests of QRC lifecyle logistics efforts in various management meetings
- Assist in the movement of equipment from various sources to facilitate the deployment or repair of equipment in support of QRC mission objectives
- Organize conference meetings to include locations, times, and phone bridge instructions
- Ensure End of Life (EOL) equipment on current aircraft configurations are identified and replacement equipment is on track to be integrated as required
- Any other duties as identified or requested by management to support and assist the Integrated
- Logistics Support (ILS) team
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- PMA-290E aircraft/mission experience is highly desired
- 5+ years’ relevant experience in logistics management, preferably with Navy avionics maintenance and operations
- 5+ years’ aircraft maintenance and operation experience
- Proficient with Microsoft Office tools to effectively create, analyze and/or update program
- documentation, material trackers, spend plans, and logistics briefs
Higher education degree in Business, Systems Engineering, or Supply Chain Management
Professional Program Management certification is a plus, but not required.
- Technical capacity
- Detail oriented
- Critical thinking
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
Full-time position. Days and hours of work are typically Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., 40 hours per week. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as work requirements demand.
Occasional travel may be required for this position.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance:
This position requires a US DoD Secret clearance. Active TS/SCI clearance highly desired.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Please submit your resume for consideration to Debbie Gray – email@example.com.