Patuxent Naval Air Station
We are currently seeking a Junior Engineer/Programmer to support the design, documentation, development, modification, testing, installation, and implementation of new or existing applications.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Develop software solutions to difficult technical issues
- Identify requirements to plan, develop, test, and document complex application programs
- Utilize data analysis/visualization tools to meet specifications
- Access, evaluate, integrate, and analyze data
- Prepare specifications to develop code
- Perform system validation testing
- Document coded workflows and methodologies
- Experience in synchronizing multiple subsystems, integration, and testing
- Advanced experience with C, C++, C#, Objective C, Python, PHP, Java, Java Script, or SQL
- Expertise with MS Office Suite, to include MS Project and others
- Broad understanding of system testing practices
- Proficient in the installation, configuration, and testing of IT-based systems
- Success working as a team member on large-scale projects involving multiple entities
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software/Systems Engineering, or Information Technology from an accredited institution. May consider other education or relevant experience in lieu of formal degree.
- Technical capacity
- Analytical processing skills
- Detail oriented
- Critical thinking
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
Full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., 40 hours per week. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as work requirements demand.
Travel may be required for this position.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
This position requires a Top Secret security clearance, at a minimum, with the ability to obtain SCI accesses.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Please submit your resume for consideration to Debbie Gray – firstname.lastname@example.org.