IT Manager needed for mid-size organization with both local and remote users to ensure the
streamlined IT operations in alignment with the business objectives of the organization. The IT Manager will plan, coordinate, direct and design IT-related activities, as well as provide administrative direction and support for daily operational activities. Will be required to identify, recommend, develop, implement and support cost-effective technology solutions for all aspects of the organization. The IT Manager will define and implement IT policies, procedures and best practices.
- Lead the IT operational and strategic planning, including fostering innovation, planning projects and organizing and negotiating the allocation of resources.
- Manage the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade and support of all IT systems, including telecommunications, servers, PCs, operating systems, hardware, software, peripherals and office automation equipment.
- Benchmark, analyze, report on and make recommendations for the improvement and growth of the IT infrastructure and IT systems.
- Oversee provision of end-user services, including help desk and technical support services.
- Set up new users to include email, drive-mapping, printers, and phone systems.
- Perform troubleshooting, repairs, maintenance, updates, and diagnostics.
- Work with executive management to define business and systems requirements for new technology implementations.
- Keep current with the latest innovations and technologies.
- Manage financial aspects of the IT department, including purchasing, budgeting and budget review.
- Develop business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for IT spending and initiatives.
- Develop and implement all IT policies and procedures, including those for architecture, security, disaster recovery, standards, purchasing and service provision.
- Provide asset management for IT hardware, software and equipment.
- Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications with the organization’s executives, managers and end users regarding pertinent IT activities.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 3+ year(s) hands-on experience in information technology management
- Expertise with MS Server 2008 including Active Directory and Exchange
- Experience with configuring routers and layer 3 switches
- Proficient with IT equipment including servers and VOIP systems
- A+ certification
- CompTIA Security+ certification
- MCSA, MCSE and MCSD certifications
- Experience scripting in Powershell
- Experience with VMware ESXi and other virtualization technologies
- Experience with configuring systems per DoD STIG guidelines
- Experience configuring SQL databases
Bachelor’s degree. May consider relevant experience in lieu of formal degree.
- Technical capacity
- Analytical processing skills
- Detail oriented
- Critical thinking
- Organization and project management
- Oral and written communication skills
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
Full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., 40 hours per week. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as work requirements demand.
Occasional travel may be required for this position.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance:
This position requires a Secret security clearance or the favorable ability to obtain.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Please submit your resume for consideration to Debbie Gray – firstname.lastname@example.org.