Seeking an experienced Electronics Technician in the ground-up design, development and fielding of new Electronic and RF systems. Participate in all hardware and software aspects of test and evaluation of new designs and subsystems including the development of test plans and test execution ranging from single component bench test to high-power RF system field testing.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Experience with RF equipment and terminology
- Assembly of RF components and circuit boards into prototype and production systems.
- Complete testing and verification of the systems using a range of oscilloscopes, signal generators, spectrum generators and power meters using RS232, IEEE488 and Ethernet interfaces.
- Ability to optimize RF performance, minimize path loss and ensure impedance matching.
- Ability to setup optimized Ethernet interfaces on Windows based systems to include IP addressing between multiple PC’s and peripheral equipment.
- Experience with configuration of routers.
- Must be conversant in graphic languages (LabView, ProfiLab) and in Machine Language as used in single chip computers with the ability to work with the interfaces between them.
- Experience with printed circuit board population and component soldering.
- Possess the ability to translate rough schematics into finished designs and design printed circuit boards in ExpressPCV.
- Fabrication of RF and power/control cables.
- Technical Capacity
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Decision Making
- Learning Orientation
- Teamwork Orientation
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
Full-time position. GTMR, Inc. supports a healthy work-life balance. This position would support a flexible full time schedule. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Some travel may be required.
Two-year technical degree or accredited apprenticeship program or the equivalent in a technical field.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance:
This position will require a security clearance or the ability to receive a security clearance.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Please submit your resume for consideration to Debbie Gray – firstname.lastname@example.org.