Electrical Design Engineer
Dahlgren, VA (NSWCDD)
We are currently seeking an experienced, accomplished, self-motivated Electrical Design Engineer to design, develop, and maintain electronic control systems and components to required specifications. This includes specification reviews, development program timelines and reports, design reviews,
documentation packages, preproduction builds and transfers to production. Will work across a variety of functional groups that are directly involved in product development, testing and implementation. Apply innovative problem solving capabilities to work through technical challenges and employ pragmatic solutions.
- Design, simulate, test and implement digital circuits and systems
- Evaluate systems, products, components, and applications
- Confirm system and component capabilities
- Create schematics and perform simulation testing
- Monitor, collect, and analyze process performance data
- Provide technical support by suggesting recommendations, troubleshooting, and developing
- Component review and selection
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Design and fabrication experience with 0201 passive components
- Broad knowledge utilizing Altium software
- BGA PCB design experience
- Die on PCB integration experience
- Power supply design and analysis
- Multi-layer board design
- Proven success working within an integrated product team
- Ability to prepare timelines, design reviews, documentation packages, and specification reviews
Bachelor’s degree. May consider other education or relevant experience in lieu of formal
- Technical capacity
- Analytical processing skills
- Detail oriented
- Critical thinking
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
Full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., 40 hours per week. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as work requirements demand.
Occasional travel may be required for this position.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance:
This position requires a Secret security clearance, at a minimum.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Please submit your resume for consideration to Debbie Gray – email@example.com.